Monday, June 30, 2008

Piecin' My Time


I took several projects with me to South Carolina and everyday I accomplish something other than cooking, washing and ironing. Ray comes back to the hotel for lunch so we get to see each during the day and visit for a while. Some of those precious moments we don't get enough of! I decided to make our grandson, Jackson, a quilt for his bed. Several weeks ago I bought this cute fabric, got Ann to help me with an idea, packed it up in my suitcase and went to work in South Carolina. I bought myself a computer sewing machine and have managed to keep my self entertained. Now it goes back in the suitcase and I will machine quilt it when I get home! I hope Jackson loves it as much as I loved making it for him. What grandparents don't do for their grandchildren.

4 comments:

teona ann said...

It looks good! Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy and entertained! I can't wait to see the finished product! Keep having fun!

Richard and Teona said...

Wow! what a woman and a grandma!! Looks cute! Love the blog, the pictures and all the info. Life seems really tough for you both. Have fun!

Kandice said...

Yay! Jackson loves it. I showed his and he got a huge smile and started pointing to the different pictures. Thanks Nana

marie said...

Cute quilt-when you're finished with that one... just kidding! Sounds like your having fun and keeping busy!